Dreams - yours, mine, ours.
There’s something very powerful about helping someone achieve their dream. One feels a surge, a resounding glee on being part of a dream. They are who i call the Dreamholders.
They invest hugely in a Dreamer’s undertaking, in various ways. And in doing so, they live a part of that dream, the sweet and sour, the ebb and flow. A part of you is changed, and something inside you glows with assurance. Energies come together, collide, explode and good things happen, on and off the dream field.
After enjoying this world for less than a quarter of a century, i’ve encountered various people with various dreams. One thing is for sure, if you want to make your dreams work, the easiest way to do is to make others’ work. In my experience, there have been five stages at which i crossed paths with any person chasing a dream:
1. Unrest - when that something within you starts poking you more than usual and the universe leaves you with sly, smart signs that something’s amiss.
2. Confrontation - when the paraphernalia of thoughts, emotions and opinions get rolled together and you need to summon the courage to pick out the one that you want. The moment of reckoning.
3. Declaration - let it be known to all who you know. Release it into the wind, let the universe record it. A dream has been born and the forces shall join and rejoice.
4. Get Dirty - yes sir, roll up your sleeves. Hell, - remove your shirt (ladies, you can ignore this bit) and give it all you got! Sweat and blood, grits and gumption. Show ‘em how much you really mean it. And contrary to what most think, it’s where the sweetest joy lies, the heart of a dream.
5. I’m at it right now and hence can’t write on it. Hey, i’m young and so are most, if not all, the people whose dreams i’ve been a part of. Our shot at the moon has only just begun. :)